Friday, June 12, 2009

Reflections


Letting go of places and people that have become a part of my of life and moving on to another stage of life is never easy but it has become natural for me. I've been living in Malaysia for two years and this chapter is about to come to end. In fact, a whole stage in my life is about to come to an end.

I have spent nine years living in Asia and in this time I have felt myself grow and become more aware of you I am and what it means to be a part of humanity. I have felt myself regress as I resist letting go of the person I once was rather than embracing the person I am about to become. It's ironic how it takes such a long time to understand who you are then, once it appears that you've figured it out the parameters change!

I have been so fortunate to be a part of so many poeple's lives and indepted for the experiences I have shared with so many different and diverse people.

I will miss Asia for the people that have welcomed me into their lives. I only regret that I was not so quick to open myself up a share. The one thing that I learnt from my time in Hokkaido, Tianjin and Kuala Lumpur is that more times than not there isn't a "right" way or "wrong" way there are only different ways to approach ones life.

No comments:

Post a Comment